As an article and blog writer, your role is to create quality content for websites and other outlets that cater to a particular fan base. This could range from blogs and news websites to newspapers. Your responsibilities will include conducting research on your topic, writing the article, and in some cases, editing the content.
There is a high demand for your services, as many websites require a constant stream of new articles to keep their readers engaged. However, they may not have the resources or manpower to generate this content on their own. This is where you come in, as a skilled writer who can provide quality content for their platform.
There are many opportunities for writing jobs online, with varying levels of workload. Depending on your availability, you may be able to write as few as one article per day, or as many as ten. As an article and blog writer, you will be writing frequently, and therefore need to have a strong command of the art of writing.
Why You should choose Article Writer on Teenage?
There are several reasons why choosing to become an article writer as a teenager can be beneficial:
- Develop Writing Skills: Writing is a valuable skill that can be applied to many careers and industries. By starting as a teenage article writer, you can develop and refine your writing skills, allowing you to improve your ability to express yourself clearly and effectively..
- Build a Portfolio: Building a portfolio of writing samples as a teenager can give you a head start in your career. You can use your writing samples to showcase your skills and demonstrate your expertise to potential employers or clients.
- Gain Experience: Writing articles as a teenager can also help you gain valuable experience in the field. This experience can help you develop a better understanding of the writing process, learn how to conduct research, and hone your skills as an interviewer.
- Pursue Your Passion: Writing articles can also be a way to explore your interests and pursue your passions. By writing about topics that interest you, you can become more knowledgeable about those subjects while also sharing your insights and perspectives with others.
- Make a Difference: Writing articles can be a way to make a difference in the world. By sharing information and ideas, you can help to educate and inspire others, raise awareness about important issues, and spark meaningful conversations.
Steps to Becoming a Successful Article Writer for Teens
- To become an article and blog writer, you need to have excellent writing skills that are free from grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. These skills can be acquired through high school electives or college courses in writing. Fortunately, there are many writing courses available both in person and online. One recommended course is “Writing Articles by Tom Geller” on Lynda.com, which covers the fundamentals of article writing that can also be applied to blog writing.
- Once you have honed your writing skills, it’s time to create a writing portfolio. This will serve as a sample of your writing and showcase your abilities to potential employers. If you have previous writing pieces, include them in your portfolio. Even if you don’t, you can use previous writing projects from school. Combine all of your work into one document and write a brief description of each piece. This portfolio will be important when you create an online profile and apply for jobs.
- To find jobs, the best platform to use is Upwork. Article and blog writing is one of the most popular jobs on the site, so you’ll face stiff competition. To stand out, you need to complete your profile with all relevant information and attach your writing portfolio to demonstrate your writing abilities. You can search for jobs on the website and choose the one that suits you best.
- Congratulations! With a job under your belt, you’re officially a teenage article writer. As you complete more jobs, you can add them to your portfolio and expand your body of work, which will increase your chances of landing better jobs in the future.
Teenage Article Writer salary
If you are just starting out as a teenage article writer, it is important to know that the pay can vary greatly depending on your level of experience. In general, you can expect to earn around $5-$10 per hour, or up to $10 for longer articles. However, this is just a rough estimate, and the pay can vary greatly depending on the specific project, client, and level of expertise required.
One of the biggest challenges that you will face as a teenage article writer is finding a job. This is because there are many talented writers online, and the competition for jobs can be fierce. You may find that there are more writers than there are people in need of their services, which can make it difficult to stand out from the crowd.
Fortunately, there are some things that you can do to increase your chances of landing a job as a teenage article writer. One of the most important things is to create a strong and compelling profile that showcases your skills and experience. This should include a detailed overview of your writing style, areas of expertise, and any relevant work experience.
Duty Of a Teenage Article Writer
As a teenage article writer, you have a responsibility to produce well-researched, informative, and engaging content that adds value to your readers’ lives. Your duty is to share your unique perspectives, experiences, and opinions on issues that matter to your audience, while also adhering to ethical standards of journalism.
Here are some key duties of a teenage article writer:
- Research and fact-check: It is essential to conduct thorough research on your topic to provide accurate information to your readers. Fact-check all the sources you use to ensure that your article is based on reliable information.
- Write in an engaging and informative style: Your writing style should be engaging and informative to keep your readers interested in your article. Use clear and concise language to convey your ideas effectively.
- Be honest and transparent: Your readers trust you to provide them with accurate information. Therefore, it is essential to be honest and transparent in your writing. Avoid making false claims or exaggerating the facts.
- Respect your audience: Always consider your audience’s perspectives, opinions, and feelings while writing. Avoid using derogatory language or making offensive remarks that could alienate your readers.
- Use proper attribution: When you use other people’s ideas or words, be sure to give proper attribution to avoid plagiarism. Cite your sources accurately and give credit where it is due.
- Follow ethical standards: As a teenage article writer, you must adhere to ethical standards of journalism. This includes being fair, balanced, and unbiased in your reporting and avoiding conflicts of interest.
Tips & Tricks for Succeeding as a Teenage Article Writer
As a teenage article writer, there are several tips and tricks that can help you succeed in your career. Here are some of them:
- Read widely: One of the best ways to improve your writing skills is by reading widely. Read articles, blogs, books, and other materials in your area of interest. This will help you to understand different writing styles, learn new vocabulary, and gain knowledge on different topics.
- Practice writing regularly: Writing is a skill that requires practice. Set aside time each day to write, even if it’s just for a few minutes. This will help you to develop your writing skills and improve your writing speed.
- Find your niche: As a teenage article writer, it’s important to find your niche. Choose a topic that you’re passionate about and write about it consistently. This will help you to establish yourself as an expert in that area and attract more clients.
- Build your portfolio: Your portfolio is a collection of your best writing samples. As you complete writing projects, add them to your portfolio. This will help you to showcase your writing skills to potential clients.
- Network with other writers: Networking with other writers can help you to learn about new opportunities and gain insights on how to succeed as a teenage article writer. Join writing groups on social media or attend writing events in your area.
- Meet deadlines: Meeting deadlines is crucial in the writing industry. Make sure you understand the deadline for each project and submit your work on time. This will help you to build a good reputation and attract more clients.
- Keep learning: Finally, as a teenage article writer, it’s important to keep learning. Take writing courses, attend workshops, and read books on writing. This will help you to improve your writing skills and stay up-to-date on industry trends.
Pros and Cons of Teenage Article Writer
Pros of being a teenage article writer:
- Early start: Starting your writing career as a teenager can give you a head start in your profession. You can gain experience, build your portfolio, and establish yourself as a professional writer before your peers.
- Flexibility: As a teenage article writer, you have the flexibility to work from home or anywhere else you choose. You can work on your own schedule, which can be beneficial if you have other commitments such as school.
- Personal growth: Writing can help you to develop your communication skills, critical thinking, and creativity. These skills can be valuable in any profession and can also help you to excel in your academic studies.
- Networking opportunities: Writing can provide you with networking opportunities, both online and offline. You can connect with other writers, editors, and publishers who can provide you with guidance and support as you build your career.
Cons of being a teenage article writer:
- Competition: The writing industry is highly competitive, and as a teenage article writer, you may face stiff competition from experienced writers. This can make it challenging to find work and establish yourself in the industry.
- Low pay: Starting out as a teenage article writer, you may earn lower pay than more experienced writers. This can make it difficult to sustain yourself financially, especially if you’re working on a freelance basis.
- Limited experience: As a teenager, you may have limited life experience, which can make it challenging to write about certain topics. This can also limit your ability to connect with readers and produce engaging content.
- Balancing schoolwork: As a teenage article writer, you may need to balance your writing career with your academic studies. This can be challenging, especially if you have a heavy course load or extracurricular activities.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an article writer?
An article writer is a professional who specializes in creating written content for various platforms such as magazines, websites, blogs, and newspapers.
What are the responsibilities of an article writer?
The responsibilities of an article writer include researching, writing, editing, and proofreading articles for publication. They also need to ensure that their work meets the requirements of the publication and engages the target audience.
How do I become an article writer?
To become an article writer, you typically need a bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as English or journalism. You also need to develop strong writing skills, including research, critical thinking, and editing abilities.
What qualities should an article writer possess?
An article writer should possess strong writing skills, attention to detail, good research skills, and the ability to work under tight deadlines. They should also be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
What are the different types of articles an article writer can write?
An article writer can write various types of articles, such as news articles, feature articles, opinion pieces, how-to articles, and listicles.
How much does an article writer get paid?
The pay for an article writer varies depending on the type of publication, experience, and skill level. However, on average, an article writer can earn between $25 to $150 per article.
How long does it take to write an article?
The time it takes to write an article varies depending on the length, complexity, and research required. However, on average, an article writer can write a 500-800 word article in 2-4 hours.
How do I know if my article is good enough to be published?
To know if your article is good enough to be published, you need to review it carefully for errors, ensure it meets the publication’s guidelines, and ask for feedback from others. You can also submit it to a writing community or workshop for critique.
What are some common mistakes article writers make?
Common mistakes article writers make include not researching enough, not proofreading their work, using too much jargon or technical language, and not engaging their readers.
How can I improve my article writing skills?
To improve your article writing skills, you can read widely, practice writing regularly, seek feedback, learn from other writers, attend workshops, and study grammar and style guides.
To become a teenage article writer, there are several steps you can take:
- Develop your writing skills by practicing writing regularly and seeking feedback.
- Identify your areas of interest and expertise and choose topics to write about that align with your passions.
- Conduct research to gather information and facts for your articles.
- Write in an engaging and informative style to keep your readers interested.
- Fact-check your sources to ensure that your articles are accurate and reliable.
- Build a portfolio of writing samples that showcase your skills and expertise.
- Share your articles on social media and other platforms to gain exposure and build a following.